Scarlet Hill Farm sits on 134 acres in Groton, MA - northwest of Boston. The grounds offer ideal conditioning for horse and rider with many hills, open fields and access to an extensive trail system. More than a mile of slip-board fencing encloses lush pastures where horses graze all day and a lucky few all night as well. We turn out primarily in small friendly groups, though the few who need it have paddocks to themselves. We have a stadium jumping field and a cross-country course with a broad variety of terrain and spectacular views of Boston to the Monadnock Mountains. The barn is new with airy, well ventilated stalls, all with windows. Grooming and care takes place not in a busy aisle, but in a well-lit grooming area.
- 25 bright, sky-lit stalls with windows (many stalls with Dutch doors and runs)
- 150' by 150' sand outdoor ring with GGT Footing
- 80' by 200' indoor arena, with a kick rail, mirrors, sand and fiber dust control footing
- Cross Country course with jumps from Pre-Elementary to Preliminary levels including: ditches, banks, and water
- Large grass pastures for all day turnout
- Sand standing paddocks
- On property hacking and access to an additional 1000 acres of public trails
- Heated tack room and bathrooms
- Generous community area for lectures, tack cleaning, enjoying books from our lending library
- Large lockers with drawers
- Indoor and outdoor wash stalls
- Well-lit grooming area with a vacuum and hot water
Rates for Boarders
- Monthly board: $1,000
- Weekly lessons or training are required of boarders.
- Other use of facilities is included in board.